Friday, April 26, 2013

No Daud I ... I give up on puns.

No it didn't take me this long to beat this DLC, I've just been bogged down with homework and I haven't been able to write anything yet. Now, on to the review.

Knife of Dunwall is short, only 3 missions. If you explore all of the maps and look for all of the secret things you'll spend about 6 - 8 on each run, which considering that's about the run time of Dishonored if you just run through the game, that's not too bad. I actually enjoyed this over the game it was made for. Oh right review.

In Knife of Dunwall, you play as Daud the assassin that killed the empress and it was all blamed as Corvo. The story of this game is Daud realizing what he's done and how he needs to find his path to redemption. Story of this DLC is a bit weak unfortunately. The Outsider gives you a hint towards your path and it's a name "Delilah". In the end not much happens besides you finding who ... or what, it is.

The game play is very similar to Dishonored, I however felt that they fixed several problems and put them in Knife of Dunwall. However, going back to playing Corvo leaves you feeling a bit disappointed in Corvo.

In the end, is this DLC worth what you payed for it? Definitely. You have at least 2 playthroughs, good and evil with about 6 - 8 hours each. That estimate is only if you play stealthily. I went through massacring everyone and I beat the DLC in about 1 hour. Although they claim this is for every play style you don't get much out of unless you are going to play stealth.

If you enjoyed Dishonored, I did I got the Platinum Trophy, then you will enjoy this DLC. It add some depth to Daud and sets up for the next DLC finishing Daud's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment